Synapse was a magazine published in the mid-1970s, devoted to the new, exciting possibilities of the synthesiser. Now, former editor Cynthia Webster brings you Synapse in high-quality GIF to enjoy. For example:
- Interviews with Karlheinz Stockhausen and Bob Moog
- Reviews of DEVO and Captain Beefheart performances
- Synthesisers on the Eco-Front - saving the whales through boop-boop noises.
- How to interface with your synth via something that isn’t a keyboard (choice quote: “Of course, an acoustic instrument must be electrified, whether with a microphone or better yet, a pickup such as a Barcus-Berry or Frap, and this goes for instruments that are not normally amplified such as jackhammers and electric toothbrushes.”)
- Playing Music with Calculators
Work yourself up into a nerdy frenzy with interviews, product reviews of what are now antiques, and how-to’s that shouldn’t even be contemplated by decent people. Synapse magazine - do yourself a favour.